4 Our Freedom 5K
2019 Beneficiary Application
Deadlines and Procedures
Application due: November 5, 2018
Please email your completed application to: Tom Freshwater at firstname.lastname@example.org. The 4OF5K Grants Subcommittee will screen applications. Representatives from organizations may be asked to attend a follow-up in-person interview. ParadeRest anticipates selecting up to three beneficiaries for 2018. Each year the amount a beneficiary receives varies depending upon donations from sponsors and race registrations, but ParadeRest estimates that beneficiaries may each receive up to $10,000, to be disbursed after the race in June 2019.
While there is no specific format or template for your application, ParadeRest will give preference to applications that provide the following:
- Organization information (address, phone number, website address)
- Contact person's name, title, phone, email address
- Organization's mission statement
- A listing of the primary programs and services of your organization
- Number of military, veterans, and/or family members served by your organization in the past 12 months
- A statement requesting a specified amount of funding and a corresponding statement explaining how any funds received from the 4OF5K race will be used to benefit members of the military, veterans, and/or their families at no cost to their constituents within Virginia Planning District 10 (the City of Charlottesville, and the surrounding counties of Albemarle, Fluvanna, Green, Louisa and/or Nelson). Organizations must also state they agree to provide a Final Report at the end of the 2019 calendar year, signed by the Executive Director/President outlining how the funds were or are being expended to benefit members of the military, veterans, and/or their families in our local community.
- There are many organizational tasks that need to occur in the months and weeks leading up to the race, as well as on race day. Please provide a statement noting how your organization and personnel may be able to assist the 4OF5K Race Committee to advertise and conduct the race, such as marketing, soliciting sponsorships, pre-race set up, volunteer packet pick up, and race day logistics.
- Proof of current non-profit and tax-exempt status, as defined by Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code and the Virginia Tax Code.
- Evidence that the organization is directed and managed by an active, local/regional, non-paid, volunteer Board of Directors that meets at least quarterly each year, and effectively manages the affairs of the organization.
- A copy of IRS Form 990 for the most recent fiscal year.
For more information regarding the race, please visit the 4OF5K website at www.4ourfreedom5k.com or contact Tom Freshwater at email@example.com.